DC UNIVERSE DIGITAL SERVICE GREENLIGHTS NEXT ORIGINAL SERIES
Live-Action Drama from Berlanti Production to Debut in 2019
We are pleased to announce today that the upcoming DC Universe digital service has ordered its next original series, the one-hour live-action drama DOOM PATROL, from executive producers Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, Jeremy Carver and Sarah Schechter.
DOOM PATROL will begin production this year for a 2019 debut on DC Universe.
- Network: DC Universe digital service, operated by Warner Bros. Digital Networks
- Auspices: Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television
- Order: Direct-to-Series Order, 13 Episodes
- Format: One-hour drama
- Executive Producers: Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns, Jeremy Carver, Sarah Schechter
- Written by Jeremy Carver
- Based on DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani
- Logline: DOOM PATROL is a re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. Picking up after the events of TITANS, DOOM PATROL will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.